Differentiated Performance Tasks
Differentiated Best of Math Exemplars, K-8 CDs
Performance Material for Today's Classroom
The tasks found on Exemplars math CDs provide teachers and administrators with an effective way of teaching and assessing students' problem-solving and communication skills. Material is aligned to and provides support for both CCSSM and NCTM Process Standards.
Exemplars CDs offer:
- Engaging, problem-solving tasks. Material promotes students' reasoning and communication, allowing teachers to both see and understand student thinking.
- Differentiated material at 3 performance levels. Each task includes a more accessible and more challenging version.
- Rubrics. Assessment rubrics and student rubrics to guide the assessment process and provide tools for self- and peer-assessment.
- Annotated anchor papers. Student work samples identify distinctions and provide examples of work that meets the standard.
- Alignments. Tasks are correlated to Common Core, NCTM and state standards.