Exemplars provides standards-based performance tasks for schools, districts and teachers in the areas of Math, Science and Writing. Our performance tasks are used for assessment, instruction and professional development.
Rubrics and anchor papers (hallmarks of Exemplars) provide both teachers and administrators with a way of assessing students' problem-solving skills, science-process skills, writing skills and communication skills. The classroom-tested, real-world problems and investigations are also used for the purpose of instruction.
Material is aligned to state and national standards and can be easily integrated into your existing curriculum.
Material includes the following:
- Performance tasks* and context for assignments
- Subject-specific rubrics as well as task-specific rubrics
- Annotated anchor papers at four levels of performance
- Concepts to be assessed and skills to be developed
- Interdisciplinary links and teaching tips
- Possible solutions
- Suggestions on how students might carry out the task
- Estimated time required for each task
Our goal is to provide teachers with the fundamental tools to integrate successful performance-based assessment and instruction in a user-friendly way. Doing so enables teachers to help students reach higher levels of achievement and gain greater understanding, meeting state and national standards.
*Performance tasks in Math are differentiated.