Visit Us At CMC
Problem Solving for the Common Core, K-5
An Online Resource for Assessment and Instruction
This NEW performance material provides teachers with open-ended math tasks specifically designed to support the Common Core Standards for Mathematical Content and Mathematical Practice. Authentic problem solving engages students and develops their abilities to reason and communicate mathematically as well as to formulate mathematical connections.
Online material features:
- Real-world problem-solving tasks uniquely created for the Common Core.
- Differentiated material for instruction and exploration as well as formative assessment.
- Summative assessments that include anchor papers and scoring rationales for each standard.
- Preliminary Planning Sheets that offer a useful guide for teachers. Math Concepts, Problem-Solving Strategies, Math Vocabulary/Symbolic Representation, Possible Solutions and Mathematical Connections are outlined for each task.
- Rubrics that provide clear guidelines for assessing student work. Our assessment rubric supports the Standards for Mathematical Practice.
- Support for Depth of Knowledge levels 3 and 4.
- Alignments to the Common Core Standards for Mathematical Content and Mathematical Practice.
Visit Us At CMC Booth #440
Exemplars will be exhibiting at the California Math Council South Conference in Palm Springs, CA on November 1-2. Stop by for a demonstration of this new material and to submit your CMC raffle ticket for a chance to win a year-long subscription to Problem Solving for the Common Core for your school!
Please contact us directly for pricing information and pre-buy options for grades 3-5*!
*Grades 4 and 5 available Fall 2013.