Common Core Math
Problem Solving for the Common Core, K–5
An Online Resource for Assessment and Instruction
Built from the ground up to support the Common Core, this resource provides teachers with a tool for assessment and instruction. Authentic problem-solving tasks engage students and develop their abilities to reason and communicate mathematically as well as to formulate mathematical connections.
- Real world, problem-solving tasks uniquely created for the Common Core.
- Differentiated material for instruction and exploration as well as formative assessment.
- Summative assessments that include anchor papers and scoring rationales.
- Preliminary Planning Sheets that offer a useful guide for teachers. Math Concepts, Problem-Solving Strategies, Math Vocabulary/Symbolic Representation, Possible Solutions and Mathematical Connections are outlined for each task.
- Rubrics that provide clear guidelines for assessing student work and support the Standards for Mathematical Practice.
- Support for Depth of Knowledge levels 3 and 4.
- Alignments to the Common Core Standards for Mathematical Content and Mathematical Practice.