Improve Title I Student Performance
Differentiated Performance Tasks
Exemplars authentic, problem-solving tasks are effective supplements for use in Title I programs and the traditional classroom as well as for intervention and after school tutoring. Our differentiated material may be used for the purpose of assessment, instruction, portfolio pieces and/or professional development.
Exemplars standards-based tasks offer Title I programs:
- Differentiated tasks for use with varying developmental levels. Each Exemplars task is differentiated at three performance levels. Teachers are able to incorporate different variations of a problem in the classroom as needed.
- Real-world tasks that engage Title I students. With traditional assessments students may not be engaged, making it difficult to judge if student effort stands in the way of performance. Exemplars real-world tasks are designed to captivate students' interests, by creating problems that are relevant to them.
- Tasks that emphasize NCTM problem-solving standards. Exemplars material places great emphasis on process standards. By focusing on mathematical problem solving and communication, teachers are able to look more closely at what Title I students' work demonstrates about their mathematical understanding.
- Anchor papers and student rubrics for peer- and self-assessment.Exemplars annotated anchor papers and student rubrics provide Title I students with a concrete understanding of what work meets the standard and why, facilitating peer- and self-assessment. These tools also assist Title I teachers in identifying student's specific strengths and weaknesses in problems solving. Exemplars enables teachers to help students reach higher levels of thinking and gain greater understanding.
- Comprehensive feedback for Title I teachers. Exemplars rubric criteria for assessing students' performance parallel the NCTM process standards. Our math tasks offer valuable formative information about student's mathematical understanding and reasoning along with important summative data.