Guided Product Tours
Problem Solving for the 21st Century:
Built for the TEKS, K–5
New! This online resource supports Texas educators in teaching a focused mathematics curriculum by grouping the new TEKS into rich Units of Study. Exemplars has developed authentic problem-solving tasks to address the big mathematical ideas within each Unit. Our supplemental material is designed to engage students and develop their abilities to reason and communicate mathematically as well as to formulate mathematical connections.
K-5 Material Features:
- 380+ open-ended and engaging math tasks
- Rich problem-solving supplements organized by Units of Study for the new TEKS.
- Preliminary Planning Sheets that offer a useful lesson planning guide for teachers. Math Concepts, Problem-Solving Strategies, Math vocabulary/ Notation, Possible Solutions and Mathematical Connections are outlined for each task.
- Differentiated tasks for instruction, exploration and formative assessment.
- Corresponding summative assessments that include anchor papers and scoring rationales for each Unit.
- Rubrics for teachers and students
- Task alignments to the TEKS Mathematical Process Standards.