Problem Solving for the 21st Century, K-5
An Online Resource for Instruction and Assessment
New! This online resource offers educators a powerful collection of planning, instruction, and assessment tools that help students learn to think critically, solve problems creatively, communicate, collaborate, and succeed. Material is based on 21st century math concepts and skills, organized by rich Units of Study.
K-5 material features:
- 350+ open-ended and engaging math tasks
- Rich problem-solving supplements organized by Units of Study, inspired by the NCTM Focal Points and leading state standards.
- Preliminary Planning Sheets that offer a useful lesson planning guide for teachers. Math Concepts, Problem-Solving Strategies, Math Vocabulary/ Notation, Possible Solutions and Mathematical Connections are outlined for each task.
- Differentiated tasks for instruction, exploration and formative assessment.
- Corresponding summative assessments that include anchor papers and scoring rationales for each Unit.
- Rubrics for teachers and students