Differentiated Problem Solving, Pre K-K
Problem Solving for the Early Years
Exemplars Pre K-K Math publication provides teachers and caregivers with creative material to interest and challenge young minds.
Our differentiated problem-solving tasks require counting, patterning and combining of small groups of objects as well as the description of shapes. Material is designed to meet NCTM Process Standards and can be easily integrated into your curriculum to enrich instruction and assessment in a learning environment.
Exemplars Pre K-K Math includes:
- A collection of 20 problem-solving tasks
- A differentiated, more accessible and more challenging version of each task
- Complimentary links to literature and music
- Standards-based scoring rubrics to assess students' mathematical thinking
- Anchor papers and scroring rationales that demonstrate student work and identify strengths as well as areas for growth in accordance with the Exemplars rubric.
- A digital library of tasks to accompany the hard copy
- Alignments to NCTM, CCSSM and state standards as well as the Everyday Math series
The mathematics chosen for these tasks are based on recommendations from NCTM, the National Association of Educators of Young Children, and from recommendations for preschool standards as developed at the Conference on Standards for Pre-kindergarten and Kindergarten Mathematics Education.
ordering code: PREKM1