Problem Solving, K-5
Problem Solving for Instruction & Assessment, K–5: Performance Tasks, Rubrics and Anchor Papers
- Date: TBD
- Time: DBD
- Presenter: Deb Armitage, M.Ed.
- Location: Central Office, 2nd Floor, 382 Long Hill Ave., Shelton, CT
This session has been canceled and will be rescheduled at a later date.
This session focuses on:
- Engaging instructional tools to effectively implement the CCSS.
- Underlying concepts and processes behind this teaching/learning approach.
- Essentials of performance-based assessment and instruction to support the CCSS for Mathematical Content and Mathematical Practice.
Exemplars K–5 math tasks, rubrics and anchor papers are incorporated throughout this introductory workshop. The vocabulary for problem solving is defined and problem-solving strategies are explored. Mathematical communication and application of mathematical concepts across math strands will be shown. Discussion topics also include: differentiating instruction, encouraging student involvement and developing a student's ability to assess his/her own work to improve performance.
Click to view the broad agenda.