Since 1993, Exemplars has been the leader in performance assessment and instruction as well as formative assessment.
Exemplars provides authentic, standards-based tasks for schools and districts in Math, Science and Writing. Our open-ended material engages students and promotes reasoning and communication. Tasks are classroom tested and can be used for assessment, instruction and professional development.
Rubrics and anchor papers (hallmarks of Exemplars) provide both teachers and administrators with a way of assessing students' problem-solving skills, science-process skills, writing skills and communication skills.
Material is easily integrated into your existing curriculum and includes the following:
- Performance tasks (Pre K-8 math is differentiated).
- Subject-specific rubrics as well as task-specific rubrics
- Annotated student anchor papers at four levels of performance
- Rich teaching notes to guide assessment and instruction
- Concepts to be assessed and skills to be developed
- Interdisciplinary links to further extend material
- Possible solutions
- Suggestions on how students might carry out the task
- Alignments to state, national (including STEM) and Common Core standards.
Our goal is to provide teachers with the fundamental tools to integrate successful performance-based assessment and instruction.