Problem Solving, K-5
The Standards-Based Classroom: What to Look For and How to Support Your Teachers
- Date: June 30, 2017
- Time: 8:30-3:30
- Presenter: Deb Armitage, M.Ed.
- Location: CREC Academy of Aerospace and Engineering: 1101 Kennedy Rd, Windsor, CT 06095
This workshop provides an opportunity for school and district leaders and administrators to understand the basics of standards-based assessment and instruction and problem solving in their schools' classrooms and to support teachers with the process.
In the session, participants will:
- Support and engage teachers in discussion around the Common Core Mathematical Practices. Address questions and concerns.
- Discuss ways to move mathematical problem solving and communication forward as a whole staff
- Define the vocabulary of mathematical problem solving, assessment and communication
- Define the types of assessment that an educator incorporates in her/his teaching
- Study and apply the Exemplars assessment rubric
- Discuss what to look for in a standards-based classroom and how to question students about their mathematical problem solving and communication