Observing Science Exemplars in the Standards-Based Classroom
The Classroom Modeling session demonstrates the implementation of inquiry-based tasks, assessment and the communication process across all levels. This professional opportunity was developed in response to numerous requests for Exemplars trainers to exercise Exemplars tasks in participants' classrooms.
- A working portfolio lesson that addresses the request of the classroom teacher(s). The lesson may focus on a particular content area, strategy or science investigation.
- Questioning students about their thinking in order to generate connections and to communicate student reasoning both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrating differentiated instruction
- Guiding students towards self-assessment
- Building student confidence and interest in inquiry-based investigations and communication
- Utilizing Exemplars investigations for introducing scientific content, scientific language and connections and to encourage scientific discussion